Refreshing Corn Salad…….spring is almost here!
Salads are the best compliment to any meal. Since this morning I saw new life to my plants, bright sunny sky and fresh breeze, I crave for something fresh and tangy for my palate. So here comes the simple yet flavorful recipe of Corn salad.
For Corn Salad [4 servings]
Corn kernels – 3 cups (frozen or fresh)
Potatoes – 2
Sweet Onions -1
Cilantro -1/2 cup
Lime Juice – 2 tbsp fresh
Dry Ingredients:Chaat Masala – 1 tbsp
Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin seeds – 1 tsp (powdered)
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
- Thaw frozen corn kernels in microwave for 2 minutes.
- In a covered sauce pan, cook the fresh or thawed corn kernels for 5 minutes. Cool it down.
- Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into small pieces. Chop sweet onions and tomatoes finely. Clean and chop cilantro finely as well.
- In a salad bowl, add cooked corn kernels, chopped sweet onions, potatoes, tomatoes and cilantro. Mix gently.
- Now add lime juice, chaat masala, freshly grounded black pepper, roasted cumin seed powder, sugar and salt. Mix the salad again.