Ingredients: [For namkeen papdi]
Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Ajwain – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Water (enough to make firm dough)
Cooking oil to fry
- Combine whole wheat flour, cumin seeds, ajwain seeds, vegetable oil and salt.
- Mix together well and add water very slowly to make dough. Knead well to make it a little firm dough (puri kind).
- Keep the dough aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts.
- Take one part and make a ball of it. And then with the help of rolling pin, roll it into thin sheets. Cut the papdi in desired shape or size and prick it with the fork so that it will not puff when fried.
- Repeat the process with the remaining 3 parts of dough.
- Heat cooking oil for frying the papdi.
- Deep fry the papdi till it is crisp and golden in color.
- Drain it on paper towel and let it cool down. Store it in an air tight container.
Enjoy just papdi with the tea or make papdi chaat.