A Simple and flavorful vegetarian delight. Absolute favorite for even hard to please crowd!
For Stir-Fried Vegetables [6 servings]
Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – ½ lbs, cut into bite-size cubes
Sweet Onion – 1/2 medium size, sliced
Capsicum (Green Bell pepper) – 1 cup, sliced
Mushrooms (any variety) -1/2 cup, sliced
Baby corn-1/2 cup, cut into halves
Carrot – ½ cup, cut into thin stripes
Water Chestnuts – 1 can
Snow peas – ½ cup
Green beans-½ cup, cut into bite size pieces
Cashew nuts -1/2 cups, halves
Ginger- 1 tsp minced
Garlic- 1 tsp minced
Soy Sauce- 1.5 tbsp
Honey -1 tbsp OR Brown Sugar – 1 tbsp
Lime Juice- 1 tbsp
Kung Pao Sauce- 1tbsp
Maggi Hot and Sweet Sauce – 1 tsp
Garlic chili sauce -1 tsp
Oil for stir frying -2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Prepare all the vegetables as directed.
- Cut paneer into small bite size cubes and shallow fry it. Keep fried paneer aside.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and garlic and stir-fry briefly until aromatic.
- Add onions and carrots first and stir fry on high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add fried paneer cubes to it.
- Stir in Soy sauce, Kung Pao Sauce, Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce, Garlic chili sauce, Lime juice, honey (or brown sugar) and salt. Cook for a few more seconds.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of sauces according to your taste.