Aloo Patties [Fried potato balls]
These aloo patties reminds me of Vijaywala’s chat in Indore [India]. I feel nostalgic eating them. Although this is an altered recipe for those patties but still worth trying. I have learned these patties from my mother-in-law. And I wanna share the recipe with all of you.
Ingredients:For Aloo-Patties [10 patties approx.]
Potatoes – 5 medium
Coconut [fresh] – 1 cup grated
Raisins [Kishmish] – 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 1tbsp coarsely chopped
Green chilies – ½ tbsp finely chopped
Amchur powder – 1tsp
Sugar – ½ tsp
Black pepper powder –1 tsp
Oil for frying
salt as per taste
- Boil and peel the potatoes and keep aside.
- Mash all the potatoes into smooth dough.
- For stuffing, combine grated fresh coconut, cashews, raisins, salt, sugar, green chilies, amchur powder and black pepper powder. Mix well. Make marble sized balls of the stuffing.
- Take one drop of oil on both the palms and take lemon size mashed potatoes and stuff it with the stuffing balls and make round even patties.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium hot. Fry the patties in the hot oil till they become golden brown.
- Drain the patties on a kitchen towel.