These cutlets are great and easy to make if you already have leftover rice, moong dal or chana dal. It is crunchy and healthy as it includes veggies of your choice. Cutlets are perfect snack for everyone. These cutlets can be used in breakfast, lunch as a burger, evening snack with tea-lemonade or as an appetizer before formal dinner. Kids love this easy to eat snack in their lunchbox too. So try this healthy and tasty snack anytime of the day.
For Rice-Veggie Cutlets [12 cutlets]
Rice- 1.5 cups (cooked and leftover even better)
Whole green moong dal – ¾ cup (cooked)
Chana dal -1/2 cup (cooked)
Green beans -1/2 cup chopped
Corn kernels – 1/2 cup frozen or fresh
Carrots-1/2 cup chopped
Bread slice- 1
Cashews- 1/3 cup chopped
Walnuts- 1/3 cup chopped
Cilantro -1/3 cup chopped
Cooking oil for frying
Chaat Masala – 1 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Amchur(Dried mango powder) -1 tsp
Garam masala -1 tsp
Roasted Cumin seeds – 1 tsp (powdered)
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
- Cut green beans and carrots accordingly and add corn kernels (or you can use mixed vegetables for the frozen section) in a bowl.
- Pressure cook cut vegetables till done.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, cooked moong dal, cooked chana dal, boiled veggies, bread slice, chopped nuts and all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Oil your palm, take lemon sized mixture and flatten it in desired shape.
- Deep fry the cutlets using very little oil.