Approx. 8 Methi parathas
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Besan (gram flour) - 2 tbsp
- Fresh methi or Fenugreek leaves - 2 bunches
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Yogurt (dahi) - 2 tablespoon
- Cooking oil - 4 tsp
- Chaat masala - 2 tsp
- Ajwain - 1/4 teaspoon
- Jeera (Cumin) seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chilies - 2 finely chopped
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean methi leaves thoroughly.
- Finely chop methi leaves and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, besan, chopped methi leaves, chopped green chilies, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, all the dry spices and salt. Mix well.
- Knead soft dough of the above mixture, adding little water at a time. Keep the dough aside for half hour.
- Divide the dough into small balls of suitable size and roll it out.
- Cook these parathas on medium hot griddle. Turn them over to cook evenly in golden color on both sides. Apply little ghee/oil on each side and cook more for 30 seconds.