Approx. 10 seekh kebabs
- Green chana (gram) (fresh or frozen) - 1 cup
- Green peas (fresh or frozen) – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1
- Potato – 2 medium
- Roasted chana dal (dalia) – 1/2 cup
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Amchur powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Bamboo skewers - 10
- Grind roasted chana dal and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, cook green chana, green peas, carrot and potatoes.
- In a bowl, add cooked green chana, green peas, boiled and peeled potatoes and cooked carrot. Mash them well together and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Now add mashed vegetable mixture, all the dry spices and salt. Mix well. Sauté for 3-4 minutes and take it off the heat.
- Take the mix in a large bowl and gradually mix roasted chana dal powder to it. Make it into dough like consistency.
- Take a lemon size mixture in your hand and place skewer in it. Now gently but firmly spread the mix evenly on the skewer.
- In a wide shallow pan, add little oil and place these kebabs in single layer on medium heat. Let it become golden brown and crisp on one side and then turn them on the other side.
- When kebabs are evenly golden brown and crisp, it is ready to serve.