Ingredients: For eggless sponge cake
Sweetened condensed milk – 1/2can
Self raising flour- 140 gms (5 oz.) or 1.25 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp (leveled)
Baking soda or soda bi-carb – ½ tsp
Melted butter – 60 ml (2 fl.oz.)
Water – 75ml (2.5fl.oz.)
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees (F).
- Grease 8 inches diameter cake pan.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence, water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture in the greased cake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees (F) and bake for further 10 minutes or until cake starts leaving the pan from sides and an insert knife in the center of the cake come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool off for few minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake and place a flat plate over the cake pan and turn it over to transfer the cake on to the plate.
- Cool the cake completely before decorating.