Ingredients: For methi ke tikke [ Approx. 8 pieces]
Whole wheat flour - 1.5 cups
Butter - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1 pinch
Fresh Methi leaves (Fenugreek leaves) - 1 bunch
Potatoes - 1 medium [OPTIONAL]
Fresh crushed garlic - 1/2 tbspFresh crushed Ginger - ½ tbsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) powder -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
Amchur powder - 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
- To make dough, in a large bowl add whole wheat flour, butter, salt and some water to make even but little stiff dough. Keep aside.
- To prepare filling, Clean the methi leaves and cut finely. Keep aside. Boil, peel and cut potatoes into small cubes and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida powder. When it crackles, add crushed garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cut methi leaves and boiled potatoes to the pan. Mix well and cover the pan for few minutes.
- Now add all dry spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt). Mix well.Cook it uncovered till the filling becomes dry.
- To make tikke, divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll the balls into 6 inches diameter circles. On each circle, place 2 tbsp of methi filling. Bring all the sides together and make it into tikke.
- On the medium hot griddle, place two tikke at a time. Cook the tikke on both sides till it becomes golden brown.