Mushrooms can be cooked in a number of ways. Stuffed mushroom is the most appealing. I have modified it to make a curry with stuffed mushrooms. Hope you like the new version of it.
For Stuffed mushroom curry (4 servings)
White fresh Mushrooms [large] – 12
Paneer –1cup grated
Tomato puree- ½ cup
Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Cashew paste – ½ cup
Mustard seeds [Rai] – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds [Jeera] –1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Kitchen king masala – 1 tsp
Dry kasoori methi – 1 tsp
Whole milk – 1 cup
Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- Thoroughly clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a damp kitchen towel. [Please do not wash mushrooms as water makes them soggy.]
- Gently take the stems out of mushrooms, which makes a hollow space in the mushrooms.
- Take all the cut stems of mushrooms and mince them finely.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil and add half mustard seeds and half cumin seeds. When it starts splattering, add minced mushroom stems, grated paneer, half tsp turmeric powder, half tsp kitchen king masala, and salt as per taste. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil and add half mustard seeds and half cumin seeds. When it starts splattering, add ginger-garlic paste, sauté for couple of minutes and add tomato puree to it. Also add half tsp kitchen king masala, half tsp red chili powder, half tsp turmeric powder. Mix well and sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add cashew paste and whole milk to the gravy. Let it simmer for further 4-5 minutes. Add salt and finally add dry kasoori methi to the gravy.
- Fill the cleaned mushrooms with the above stuffing. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat, 1 tbsp oil and arrange the stuffed mushrooms in a single layer. Let it cook on each side for 4 minutes.
- When mushrooms are completely done, arrange them stuffing side up in the serving platter. Drizzle the gravy around the mushrooms and serve hot.
Enjoy Stuffed mushroom curry with fresh roti/naan or fragrant basmati rice