When it comes to Indian vegetarian cuisine, Paneer dish is a must. Paneer also represents Punjabi cuisine. Mutter paneer is one of the most frequently ordered dishes in the restaurants. This is a quick recipe for mouthwatering mutter paneer [Under 15 minutes and without onions].
For Mutter Paneer (4 servings)
Paneer [Indian cottage cheese]–1 lbs cubes
Mutter [Green peas] – 2 cups fresh or frozen
Tomato puree- ½ cup
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Cashew paste – 1 tbsp
Yogurt – 1 cup
Cumin seeds [Jeera] –1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Kitchen king masala – 1 tsp
Dry kasoori methi – 1 tbsp
Light cream or whole milk – 1 cup
Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
Honey- ½ tbsp
Salt as per taste
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Add paneer pieces to the pan any shallow fry them until light golden brown. Drain on a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add cumin seeds and ginger, garlic paste. Fry till it turns golden in color.
- Now add cumin seeds. Sauté for a minute. Now add tomato puree and also add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, kitchen king masala to it. Let it simmer for 3-4 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually add yogurt to the gravy. Keep stirring. Now add cashews paste and mix well.
- Add frozen or fresh peas and fried paneer cubes to the gravy. Add a cup of light cream or whole milk and salt to taste. Also add honey to balance the flavor. Bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer on medium low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add finally add dry kasoori methi to mutter paneer and mix well.
- The whole process will take less than 15 minutes, so it’s a quick and easy delight.
Enjoy Mutter Paneer with fresh roti/naan or fragrant basmati rice.