Nutritious Almond-Walnut Cookies
Kids love cookies. But getting healthy, nutritious cookies for them, is a challenge. This is my all time favorite cookie recipe. You can substitute any nut for almonds and walnuts. But I like this combination. So I’m sharing this recipe with you. Hope you like it too.
For Almond-Walnut cookies [Approx. 24 cookies]
All purpose flour (maida) -1 cup
Almonds -1 cup [chopped in food processor]
Walnuts -1 cup [chopped in food processor]
Melted butter – 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar [golden] – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Milk – ¼ cup
Salt – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees (F).
- Chop almonds and walnuts in the food processor and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the above ingredients. Mix well with a spatula.
- Take a cup of raw almonds and slice them in half. Keep aside.
- Make marble sized balls of the mixture and press it lightly with the thumb. Now place the halved slices of almonds on each cookie.
- On a lightly greased baking tray, place the cookies gently.
- Put the baking tray in the oven for 10 minutes approximately.
- Cookies are done if they are golden brown and crispy.
- Take the tray out and place the cookies on the cooling rack.
- Transfer all the cookies in an air tight container when cookies are completely cool.
Great News: This recipe is included in the french site's database: