Pineapple fried rice is one of my favorite entrée to order at Thai restaurants. This is my own version with few additions. Kids love it too.
For Pineapple fried rice [6 servings]
Rice (Basmati) – 1.5 cups
Pineapple chunks – 1cup (fresh or canned)
Sweet Onion – 1/2 Medium size, Sliced
Capsicum (Green Bell pepper) – ½ cup, cut into thin stripes (julienne)
Carrot – ½ cup, cut into thin stripes (julienne)
Baby corn – ½ cup
Peas -1/4 cup
Paneer(Indian cottage cheese)- 1/2 cup small cubes [OPTIONAL]
Cashews – ½ cup (halved)
Spring onions – for garnish
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Ginger- 1 tbsp minced
Soy Sauce- 1.5 tbsp
Maggi Hot & Sweet Sauce – 1 tbsp
Garlic chili sauce -1 tbsp
Oil for frying -2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Cook the rice with 2 cups of water and 1 cup coconut milk. Let the rice cool completely or let it sit in the refrigerator for couple of hours after cooking. This recipe is good for using leftover white rice too.
- Rinse and prepare all the vegetables as directed.
- Cut paneer into small cubes and shallow fry it. Keep fried paneer aside.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and stir-fry briefly until aromatic.
- Add all the vegetables, pineapple chunks and cashews. Stir fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice carefully and mix well. Add fried paneer cubes to it.
- Stir in Soy sauce, Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce, Garlic chili sauce and salt. Cook for few more seconds.
Garnish pineapple fried rice with cut spring onions and serve hot. If possible it can be served in the hollow shell of the fresh pineapple.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of sauces according to your taste.